Thursday, September 12, 2013

She-Ra: Season One, Vol. 1



She-Ra Season One, Vol. 1 2010 release
The rating of this product is based on the 2010 release and not the actual episodes. The 20 episodes included are complete with opening theme song on every episode and end with the moral of each one being discussed. It is just so disappointing to know what I could have owned from the 2006-2007 releases. They were so full of extras and art cards and more episodes. Out of print now you can still get your hands on them. I am giving my 2010 She-Ra away. I went ahead and bought She-Ra: Season one, Vol. 1 and 2 for under 20 bucks each here on Amazon. Season two is much harder to find for a reasonable price. The same goes for the Christmas special. A 2010 release of He-Man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special is out and I don't believe it has any extras on it. It just depends on what you are looking for. If you want a little bit of She-Ra and are indifferent to extras this season one vol. 1 is very affordable (I bought mine for ten bucks at Bestbuy). If you want all the good stuff from the...

No Frills but lots of Thrills
While it's disappointing that there are no DVD extras I am just thrilled to have this DVD to introduce She-Ra to my little girls. Each episode has the complete opening sequence along with the little "what we learned" summary at the end.
This release has fewer episodes than the previous release at only 20. But 20 episodes has been plenty for my 5 and 3 year olds to get introduced to the She-Ra world. Now I hear them in them in their room shouting "For the Honor of Greyskull..."
I was impressed with the clarity of the images. I did not see the previous release but I was suprised to see how nice the animation looked on these DVDs.
As a series it's great to have to show my kids. There is no potty humor, no snarky attitudes, no sexual references. There is something to be said for simple, clear cut good guys vs bad guys and a moral to the story.
Overall, there is nothing extra to this release. But it's a super way to introduce the next generation to She-Ra. She...

My Kids Love It
This show is a lot like He-Man. My kids ages 5 and 8 love both shows. There's not as much violence as in today's shows. It's a good mix of female and male characters so both my son and daughter enjoy it. Also, they always have a good moral they emphasize at the end.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment