Saturday, September 14, 2013

Stone Temple Pilots: Alive in the Windy City DVD



A Fine Showing
I thought the overall performance was excellent. They seemed to generally recreate the sound from the albums, which is just fine for me. Scott Weiland, in particular, seemed to keep to the script of the original studio tracks with minimal nonsense. Thanks for that, Scott. I wish "Big Bang Baby" had been included in the setlist but I won't cry about it. I love live concerts shot in theaters of this size. The sound and direction always seems to benefit from it. The band was tight and Scott's voice was in fine form. I can't recall an instance of him lowering the key because he couldn't hit the note. (That's always an epic disappointment for me) I think fans of STP, both devoted and casual, will enjoy this.

Legendary!
I come from Paris and I will try to explain how I feel about this DVD.

First of all I was waiting for a Stone Temple Pilot DVD to be released a long time ago, they are the last "grunge" band (are they really?) of our time, they survived the 2000's.

Why Scott Weiland always surprises me? I mean you could swear that his voice and performance will suck big time after all he went trough but like always he surprises me again and again:

Very nice intro, nice lights and background. They did make lots of effort on that point and results are beautiful. A big screen with waves during Creep, Circles during Plush...beautiful set up and different in EVERY single song.

Apparently Dean DeLeo added some effect on his guitar that really shines his playing. It does some amazing solos to end the songs, lots of personality in his playing and more depth than before. A guitar player will learn a thing or two.

Robert has a nice voice that you will have...

STP for life
Great dvd! I forgot how much I loved STP back in my high school days. Seen STP on tour back in 1996, this dvd took me back to some great times. I would recommend any fan of rock to check this dvd out.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment