Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Jeff Foxworthy's Comedy Classics



Classics
This DVD shows you the past, present, and future of country comedy, but unlike some other tribute DVDs, this one features clips that everyone can relate to. My kids laughed through routines by Don Knotts and Jim Varney before hearing material from new comers Larry the Cable Guy and Ron White. To top it all off there is outstanding performances of Foxworthy and Engvall in Las Vegas to close it off. It sure is a classic!

The Sad Demise of Country Comedy
Someone asked me if I would watch this dvd with them. I looked over the information on the case before deciding. I saw the words "comedy classics" and "a look at the history of country comedy". Well that sounded interesting. On the back of the case the very first picture was of Bob Hope, followed by 3 other pictures. I didn't know what Bob Hope had to do with "country comedy" but I knew he was a king of comedy - so another potential plus in favor of watching this dvd. The back of the dvd case makes the claim: "traces the roots of this truly American art form, from the storytelling of Will Rogers to the heyday of the Grand Ole Opry, where colorful comic characters like Grandpa Jones and Minnie Pearl became famous household names, to comedy legend Andy Griffith sharing priceless clips and memories..." and "introduce us to some of the funniest comics working today". Ok, I said, sounds good, pop it in the player.

The first part of the dvd seemingly races through most of...



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment