Monday, September 23, 2013

The Hangover Part III (Blu-ray+DVD+UltraViolet Combo Pack)



Good for a memory
For the viewer who, like me, reveled and rolled with laughter at the characters, surprises, spring-loaded moments of subtlety, uproars, and mad funnies of the original The Hangover and its sequel, The Hangover Part II (+ UltraViolet Digital Copy), this Part III is much less than all that, but still worthwhile. The first two movies were so over-the-top, that the allusions and invocations of great memories already are worth the price of admission to The Hangover Part III.

Alas, the plot and characters here lack the width and contrasts, and the element of surprise is pretty much gone. But compared to all the schlocky stuff out there, this is a movie I'm glad to have spent a couple hours of my life seeing. However, once is enough. And if you're not already a devotee from those first two, I would not start with this one...

Deja vu...
I felt like I have seen this movie before. Oh wait! Those were only the trailers... All the funny scenes were in the trailers, I guess you put your best foot forward. 1 and 2 were way better, so don't be disappointed when you watch this one. I recommend it, especially if you've seen the first two. Rent it!

Das Überhäng (sans alcohol...)
I liked both #1 & #2, so i was of course going to see this.

The whole thing starts with a parody of Shawshank Redemption (involving Chow) so the laughing started right away for my part. There's enough absurde situations here to make me like it almost as much as Hangover 1 & 2, even though there is no alcohol involved this time (it actually isn't). And "backtracking" is actually a big part of the story in this one: To take a quote directly out of the movie: "You have no idea of the chain of events that were set in motion that night....". This of course refers to one of the nights in the previous movies. Im not gonna say which:-) To keep the excitement. This is (black) humour at its best in my opinion. And YES i consider it black humour: When you think about the whole thing being about the subject "hangover" while you watch the intro with its dramatic classical music....

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment