Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Colony



Listen to everyone here...I did not and disappointed too
The Actors in movie also attracted me to watching this plus the theme of he movie.
It is one of the those instances where I have delayed watching it because of the review and just got bored so I ordered to watch not expecting much.

Even with my expectation not being there much in prior review..I was still surprised how cheap this movie was. It had potential but it is like everyone gave up on it.

If you are like me and can only be satisfied by watching this then keep ordering something else until it comes out on redbox for a $1.00.

Save your money. I really really mean that!

It is okay
If a cross between post apocalyptic fiction and John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars sounds good to you then you will love this movie. It was okay to watch, interesting and held my attention but I wouldn't buy the film, nor would I rush to a theater to spend $10 to see it. Not the best but not the worst film in the genre I have ever seen.

WE LIVE AND DIE BY THE RULES
The film opens as a prepper's orgasm. 400 hundred people live underground in a self sufficient colony. The world has been hit by climate change, famine, and disease. Apparently the flu virus survives year round frozen temperatures. People who have a disease, are killed or forced to leave the colony to prevent infection. Briggs (Laurence Fishburne) is in charge of the colony. His antagonist is Mason (Bill Paxton) a man who has his own, less humane set of survival ethics.

When an incident happens at Colony 5 (they are #7) Briggs takes off to investigate along with Sam (Kevin Zegers) plus token landing party victim.

The post apocalyptic scenery was good. The acting was good. The plot didn't really go anywhere that I found interesting. I don't want to give a lot away, but they spent a lot of time building Sam's character for him to be the most boring of the lot. Things do pick up when they get to Colony 5, but it was too late in the film for them to finally introduce...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment