Thursday, September 12, 2013

Mighty Hercules



Hey IT IS The Mighty Hercules in all his glory!!!
Hi. I just got this in the mail today. I was really surprised. Although it is not all the complete episodes it does have the wonderful credits and that great theme song by Johnny Nash for each episode. The remaster quality looks great to me. The colors and sound are vibrant- better than I remember the original. I think the episodes are in order or at least in sequence. Wow this was really a great buy for the price! Arrived in a bubble mailer but did not suffer any damage. I think any Mighty Hercules fan (or even new little fans) will really like this collection. There are 20- 5 minute episodes complete with credits before and after. I hope they make more like this. Now if the same company could make a Johnny Cypher collection that would be cool too. On the Retro-Cool-O-Meter it gets a 100! Fan boys unite! The Mighty Hercules is here again. Oh yeah.

Are all 128 episodes going to be released?
This was one of my all-time favorite cartoons, along with the late 50's version of Felix the Cat (the Professor, Rock-Bottom & Master Cylinder were great) and Dick Tracy (Go-Go Gomez, Joe Jitsu & Hemlock Holmes were fantastic, as were the bad-guys) not to mention Gigantor, 8th Man, Speed Racer, Deputy Dawg and Kimba the White Lion, to name a few more. But the Mighty Hercules was right there at the top! Why they would only release about 20 of the episodes is beyond me. I'm sure they have access to all 128 episodes, so why not release them all? Does anyone know if they plan on doing this? If they are, I'll wait for the complete series. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to be content with only 1/6 of the total. But I know it will only leave me wanting more. Oh well!

PERFECT!
Original theme and TRAS LUX credits....the cartoons never looked so good! Hopefully, all the cartoons will be released like this!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment