Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Black Friday: Dark Dawn



Espirit De Corp -
When I decided to buy this DVD I didn't know exactly how I would react reliving one of the most challenging tasks I've ever done in my life. After watching, it brought me back to the 'yellow foot prints'. SSgt Nichols and his Team exemplified the very essence of becoming a US Marine w/out any reservations. I went through boot camp in Diego back in '79 and I must say things were much different. I still remember SSgt Garcia who was our Sr DI was one of the most fiercest, intense man that ever walked this earth. He had nothing but Letters on his chest w/ a Force Recon pin. I heard he spent 3 tours in Nam all Recon related before he hit MCRD. It was a different time and place when I went through boot camp because all the DIs would swear and cuss every other word when screaming at the top of their lungs to us 'recruits'. It was loud, chaotic and a lot of running or moving fast. No walking & no unnecessary movement; period otherwise the DIs will smell you out and before you know it...

A lot of little things
Everyone knows that you will workout a lot in Recruit Training but in this film it shows so much little stuff like how they do the hygiene checks and how to fold your shirts and pants and so much more.

Behind the scenes of Marine Corps bootcamp.
Wow! I was in Marine Corps bootcamp in 1977, and the drill instructors in this movie are just as intense when I was in. If you are a former Marine you will flashback to the day you stood on those yellow footprints. If you are contemplating joining our beloved Corps, this may scare the crap out of you! These guys with the campaign hats strike fear into the sloth recruits. Staff Sergeant Nichols is the kind of Senior Drill Instructor you would run through walls for. His speech on racism and sexism exemplifies his wisdom and discipline. And he demands no less!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment