Saturday, September 14, 2013

Docuventary



Felicity still awesome but beware the music soundtrack
FELICITY has aged very well and is in no way dated. I grew up with this show and never purchased any of the seasons on dvd with their original release. The series is grounded by superb writing and direction, timeless storylines that affect college age people that never fade but most of all it is held together by the all around superb cast. The acting here is impeccable and runs the gamut from humorous to heartwrenching. And of course at its center is the star, the immensely talented Keri Russell. The weight of the show rests on her angelic shoulders and she carries it so gracefully. To follow her emotional journey becomes a gift to the viewer.

Most people reading this will agree with what I just said and are huge fans of the show. But what one wonders is why have these reissued boxed sets appeared and how is the quality? I never saw the original released boxed sets but know at that time series sets were rather bulky. This firs season is a very slim presentation...

TOTALLY DECEIVING !
I love Felicity, and I would love this DVD box set if only Buena did not change nearly ALL of the background popular music. So now when you pop in a disc, watch an episode, you feel completely and utterly lost as the beuatifull music originally aired has been replaced with new "up to date" music. Exactly like the re-runs on thw WE channel, same "new" unfitting music. This is not what I have come to watch and love.

Would you buy the movie Ghost if the classic love scene would have another song playing in the background than Unchained Melody ? I'm sorry but changing the music alltogether is changing the overall feel and I don't get to watch the scene I remember the way they were done.

Poor judgment from Buena Vista to think nobody would notice that.

I'll stick to my VHS set thank you very much.

This is sad. Don't buy this unless you don't care about the memorable scenes with carefully chosen fitting music playing in the background.

Eh....Not the same!
I originally caught Felicity when I was in my late teens and it's one of the few shows I could really relate to. The show itself is great and I would recommend it to anyone, but the DVD set....absolutely NOT! I blame myself for not reading the reviews for the previously released DVD sets, but this one has NONE of the original music that first aired with the program. I knew something was a bit off when some songs played over bits of dialogue in the wrong places; and LOUDLY so I could barely hear what was being said. My memory of one scene in particular had a very lovely song that was replaced by some wretched watered down version of ANOTHER song. To me, it definitely changed the tone of some scenes and the emotional connection was somewhat lost. Also, there are no great new updates where the video quality is concerned. It's almost like the show was cut and pasted from the WB onto DVD format and slapped together with some new music that really sets the whole thing off-kilter. Grr...If...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment