Sunday, September 22, 2013

Stuck in Love



Writers
I couldn't find this movie for rent, so I had to buy it. I knew I wanted to see it when I saw a preview for it, but really wasn't expecting much from it. I thought it would just be one of those so-so movies you really only watch once and then forget. I was certainly suprised at how much I enjoyed the movie. Immediately after I thought to myself, "This is a keeper.".

The movie stars Oscar nominee Greg Kinnear ("As Good As It Gets", wait... didn't he used to host a talk show?) as William Borgens, a divorced writer with two children trying to reconnect with his ex-wife Erica, played by Oscar winner Jennifer Connelly ("A Beautiful Mind", wait... I just remembered her riding that toy horse in "Career Opportunities". DAMN THAT WAS HOT!!!!!!!). William's two children are also writers. Samantha, (played by Lily Collins from "The Mortal Instruments") a promiscuous young adult who is having her first book published called, "Under The...

3.5 stars... as utterly predicatble as it is enjoyable
"Stuck In Love" (2013 release; 96 min.) brings the story of the Borgens family. As the movie opens, we see Bill Borgens (played by Greg Kinnear) secretly looking inside the house of his ex-wife Erica (played by Jennifer Connelly), who left him a few years ago to marry a younger guy. We learn that Bill still isn't over Erica, and is "stuck in love". We also meet their daughter Sam (played by Lily Collins), a college student who somehow managed to publish a novel with a major publishing house, and hence following in the footsteps of her dad. Sam is all tough on the outside when it comes to love and relationships. Then there is their son Rusty, a HS kid who also aspires to become a writer and who has a crush on Kate, a seemingly unavailable girl in his class. Lastly, we get to know Tricia (played by Kirsten Bell), Bill's occasional girlfriend, and who is trying to coach Bill back into the dating scene. Will Bill and Erica get back together again? or will Bill find success in the dating...

If you liked Crazy Stupid Love you will like this. Acting is great and the movie felt very real. I recommend this. I say B.
"A writer is the sum of their experiences. Go get some." William Borgens (Kinnear) is a famous and best selling author who hasn't written anything since his wife left him three years ago. He is raising his two children who are also trying to become published. While his children are trying to figure their lives out William is stuck between trying to move on with his love life or keep waiting for his ex to return. This is a movie that I had high expectations for basically because I really like Greg Kinnear. This movie is very much like Crazy Stupid Love in tone so if you like that movie you will like this one as well. The acting in this is great as would be expected and this is a very real life type movie. Everyone in this is flawed but nothing to outrageous or unbelievable. That fact alone made the movie seem real and grounded. There really isn't much I can say without giving things away but I do recommend this and I did like it a lot. Overall, fans of Crazy Stupid Love will really...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment