Monday, September 23, 2013

The Croods (Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy)



A perfect family film
This movie was some of the most fun i've had with a movie in a long time. It was hilarious, emotionally deep and original on every turn. The moral and underlining tone is as relevant as ever. Going against everything you know in order to survive and actually live your life is something we all must come to terms with and this movie hits the nail on the head. The graphics are incredible, the soundtrack is heart racing and dialogue is fluidly natural.

From the previews I did not expect it to be this good but I was pleasantly surprised. This is an absolutely perfect family film. It's hilarious, touching and relevant. Everyone should see this movie.

Croods - Taking Notes From Ice Age
I saw this movie at a prescreening event at my local theater. I went in without any expectations as I hadn't seen any of the advertisements other than movie posters. When I left the theater, I was more than pleased. The version showed at the event was in 3D. I found it to be very exceptional as I noticed it the whole way through without getting lost in it. It enhanced my movie going experience with the amount of depth that was perceived. It literally felt like looking into a box.

This is a movie that succeeds as a family movie. In my opinion, there weren't any questionable content at any point in the film. My kids enjoyed it and asked if we could buy it when it comes out.

One thing I did notice about this movie is there many elements taken from the Ice Age franchise. I don't want to divulge too much as to include spoilers but when watching the movie, I recommend you matching this movie against each of the Ice Ages and you will see many similarities...

All I can say is HILARIOUS MOVIE!!!!!!
The previews for this movie made me not want to see it at all, but I ended up taking my niece & nephew to it in the theater (both far apart in ages) and they both LOVED it, and I have to admit I did too! Actually everyone in the theater watching it was cracking up, it has a ton of hilarious lines from every character in it. Best part, it was consistently funny throughout, not just in a couple of scenes, with jokes geared for all ages. A very creative story too with the family obviously (The Croods) who are the last surviving cavemen family. Their curious teenage daughter Eep runs into a more humanly "evolved" guy, actually whose name is Guy who lets her know the world is coming to an end. The Croods are afraid of life where animals hunt you at all times, but when their cave is destroyed in an earthquake, they are forced on a journey with their survival guide, Guy to stay alive. A MUST WATCH ANIMATED MOVIE!!!! Best one I've seen in a long time! The writer/director -Chris Sanders, who...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment