Tuesday, September 17, 2013

White House Down (Two Disc Combo: Blu-ray / DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy)



Die Hard for a new Generation!
I had the opportunity to see this movie as a screener tonight and I was hesitant about going... I had tickets for both World War Z and White House Down this week but, I knew I could only go to one so I played the odds and managed to get in on the showing.

Let me say that this is a Hollywood propaganda piece for sure and yes it mostly tries to paint the Right Wing as a war machine run by Radicals who sleep with their guns. Honestly, I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat and I have yet to actually cast my vote for a man whose won the white house (yes I seem to have bet on guys that didn't win) but, I go to movies for an escape from reality and Hollyweird needs to get away from the political BS.

Okay, with all that out of the way, John Cale (Played by Channing Tatum) is a man on security detail for the Speaker of the House and he's trying to get back into his daughter's life while interviewing for a job in the Secret Service. One thing leads to another and he...

Yippee ki-yay Martha Washington!
Seriously, folks. If it wasn't incredibly obvious from the previews this is another PG-13 Die Hard with a different protagonist. It's got all the hilarious quotable quips, loud explosions, elevator climbing, crashing, bullet-flying, popcorn action you'd expect. It's smartly written, well-acted, and entertaining from beginning to end. Is it ridiculous? Absolutely. Is it silly? Very. It's absolutely what you want and expect from a Die Hard movie. It's also the most likable Channing Tatum and and Jamie Foxx have ever been in my opinion (yes, I actually sat through Step Up, She's the Man, Ray, and Stealth, slightly more traumatized with each new film).

If you are expecting Independence Day or Stargate levels of over-the-top sci-fi battle-royale-with-cheese you will be disappointed. If you just want a rollicking good time with a Die Hard flick set in the White House you're probably going to love this movie. It doesn't have a SINGLE annoying character and I actually laughed at...

Very Entertaining
I went to see this movie with my husband and was pleasantly surprised. Although I like both of these actors, action films with political themes do not usually hold my interest...however, this film kept moving, kept twisting and turning...held my interest to the end. I know that some of the situations were a little far fetched, but who cares? I wanted to see something that would take my mind off of everyday situations and this film did just that! It had comedy, suspense, and action...I sooooo enjoyed this movie and will buy it on the release date.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment