Thursday, September 19, 2013

Missing In Action [Blu-ray]



G.I. Joe with Kung-Fu Grip!
Let's get this straight: This ain't Shakespeare! This is sheer escapism for those of us who believe the NVA body count was not high enough. I've been rediscovering Chuck Norris movies lately (because they're cheap in the Blockbuster clearance bin) and I'm having a lot of fun. They're pure '80's schlock, but it's fun schlock, and delivers some no-nonsense commentary on the every-day guy (okay-Superevery-day guy) vs. the system.

Missing in Action has plenty of implausible action, but it sets up and sustains the tension very well. I spent quite a bit of the movie urging Braddick to "go,go GO!" from the edge of my seat. One thing it shares, unfortunately with some of the REALLY cheap knock-offs of the Rambo era is the length of the actor's hair. I know its the early '80's, but come on! Get a haircut for the flashback scenes! Somehow I can handle ONE guy killing an entire NVA battalion, but the hair-its GOT to be correct or its just not believable. True, I could nitpick this...

WOW
CHUCK NORRIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE ACTION ACTORS.,I HAVE ALOT OF HIS MOVIES.THANKS FOR HAVING THEM AVAILABLE,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Lightweight Story. Violence and Destruction. Very Entertaining.
I enjoy Chuck Norris movies. They remind me of the old-time western shoot-em-up movies. There's lots of action and mayhem and chase scenes. The characters are starkly drawn. There's the White Hats and the Black Hats. The White Hats are tough and virtuous and low in numbers and the Black Hats are despicable, ruthless and overwhelmingly abundant. Difficult though it might be, the White Hats always prevail. The stories proceed at a pace too rapid to think about them and are always accompanied by a lot of mayhem, destruction and gore. The movies are fun to watch. You don't take them seriously. Do you? You do?

My latest viewing was the "Missing In Action" DVD, a Viet Nam era saga. Here, Norris, a former Viet Namese prisoner of war, and none to happy about it, gets involved in the rescue and retrieval of about a half-dozen missing in action hostages, which the Viet Namese claim don't exist. Norris goes to Cambodia, teams up with an old war buddy and the two of them become an...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment