Friday, September 27, 2013

Suddenly



THE GREATER GOOD
In the small town of Suddenly, Tod (Ray Liotta) is the town drunk and deputy. He likes the widow Ellen (Erin Karpluk) and is respected by her son Pidge (Cole Coker). Ellen tolerates Tod because he spends time with Pidge.

As it turns out, the President is going to stop in town. Members of some super secret society plan on assassinating the president from Ellen's house. Even when the plots are together, things seem like two films. There is the personal aspects and the dirty little secret why Tod drinks. The secondary aspect is the guys who are planning to kill the President.

Ray Liotta, who I normally don't like, did a fairly decent job as someone who drinks too much, the stagger, the glassy eyes, etc.

Note: The film credits spells Liotta's character name as "Tod" while IMDB lists it as "Todd." I'm still trying to figure out "Pidge" which sounded like Mitch, Bidge, Pitch, and something I call my dog.

The film never grabbed me. Except for the...

A pretty generic and predictable movie about trying to stop an assassination. Not terrible but not amazing either. I say C+
"Today is a glorious day. Today I get to kill the President." Barren (Purcell) has become disillusioned with the President and his policies. He devises a plan that will help deal with his problem. Him and his accomplices pose as secret service agents and take up a position in a family's house that has the perfect sniping position. When a local cop (Liotta) shows up Barren's perfect plan starts to unravel. Uwe Boll's trademark seems to be lame movies with poor acting but decent action. This one had both. The movie itself isn't really that terrible but it is also fairly generic and predictable. There have been many movies about trying to stop a presidential assassin and I usually like movies with that plot. I did like this one too but it's not one of the better ones and I don't think I would watch this again. I have not seen the original with Frank Sinatra but I would guess that one is better. I could be wrong though. Overall, nothing terrible but nothing amazing either. I give it a C+

Suddenly
I thought that it was a good movie seeing all the actors in different roles. The kid (Pidge), I thought made the movie cause how many can say that they saved Ray Liotta's life and "did" Dominic Purcel?

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment