Sunday, September 15, 2013

Way of the Ninja



Missing 1st 2 episodes!
My 5 1/2yo son loves Ninjago and was so excited to get this DVD! We've been recording the episodes on tv, but I wanted something to take in the car when we travel. The episodes are great and appropriate for his age (my 3yo also likes watching them) but the 1st two episodes are not on the DVD! I supposed that's why it's not described as "The COMPLETE 1st season." Somewhat frustrating. Now I need to purchase the original DVD, Masters of Spinjitzu, which I did not realize until I looked it up on amazon. I think a little bit of misleading advertising.

A Must-Have for any Ninjago Fan!
Before I get on with the review, I must point out that I am the son of Screaming Viking.
Ninjago: Season 1 is an awesome set of episodes. It is somewhat kid-friendly, though there is some kicking and punching in it (against the bad-guys). Even though I am over 13 years of age, this season was a load of fun for me. There is a lot of character developement and story besides the martial arts, if you are worried that this is just going to be another Power Rangers-like series. Do you like Lego Ninjago? If the answer is yes, then this product is definately for you. Also, check out the Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitsu DVD. I have watched every single episode of Ninjago, and I must say that these TV specials are worth seeing over and over again.

I wish I would have seen them first...
My kids love Lego Ninjago. We have bought almost all of the books and they have read them over and over. They have several sets and they spend hours playing with them (and eyeing new sets!).

When my son was about to turn eight, I saw this this product online and was really excited to get it for him for his birthday; I knew he would love it. We had never seen any of the episodes, and I wish I would have watched some first. My kids - they love them. As a mom, I don't like some of the humor and overtones. There are things that are rude or mean used as humor. There is disrespect and complaining to their sensei. Jay whines about losing the high scores on his video games like it is the end of the world.

The first time we watched it I was just cringing in parts and feeling like I wanted it to be the first time and last time they watched it. It isn't over the top terrible, just has enough things that I do not want my children adopting to concern me. Kids are so...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment